Thank you to those that attended our Welcome Back Orientation. For those families that did not stop by the PTA tables, please spend some time on our website to review all the new programs, events, and volunteer needs of Canyon View. Remember, the more you participate in your child’s education, the more they will benefit from their school experience.
Please visit our PTA STORE under the Community Menu Link to process your Pledge Drive Donations, PTA Membership, 100 Mile Club, and Spirit Wear orders. We now accept only credit cards (via Paypal) for online payments.
Thank you and we wish you the BEST for the 2018-2019 school year! ~CVPTA
- Meet our New Principal, Christine Miller!
- Enjoy Free Ice Popsicles!
- Kids can participate in Boo Bubble Activity!
- Purchase food from Monster Burger Truck – No need to make dinner!
- Spirit Wear sample sizes available to help you order your NEW Spirit Wear!
- Get classroom assignments and meet with families in same grade at lunch tables
- While supplies last, visit both the Programs & Volunteer table AND our Communications table for FREE SURPRISE GIFT!
- Learn what’s new for the year so you don’t miss out on important deadlines or sign-ups
With so many things to think about at the start of a new school year, WBO’s Checklist helps you get it all done at once with a single checkout process! (credit cards preferred/checks & cash accepted)
WHAT TO BRING?
Pen, Patience, and Payment Methods (credit cards preferred) and of course the kids!
Welcome Back Orientation (WBO)
Tues., Aug. 21st, 2018, Multi-Purpose Room (MPR)
Suggested start times* are scheduled by grade level:
- 3:30PM – TK & K
- 4:15PM – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- 5:15PM – 4th, 5th, & 6th
*If you can’t make your time or have multiple kids, you are welcome to attend any session.
- Complete the required PTA Participation Waiver
- Complete the required IUSD student Data Confirmation –if you haven’t already done so
- Get your classroom assignment! (must have this info for checkout)
- Meet our new Principal, Christine Miller!
- Join PTA and receive your membership perks (Don’t forget to sponsor a staff member!)
- Support our Pledge Drive Fundraiser (Please do NOT visit PTA store prior to WBO as it’s still under construction.)
- Purchase NEW & Clearance Item Spirit Wear!
- Learn & discover all the cool resources that the CV Library & IRC Tech has to offer students
- Discover which PTA programs/events need your Volunteer Help or risk being cancelled
- Learn about this year’s School Musical
- Get Info about various school and community programs (Boy/Girl Scouts, 100 Mile Running Club, Reading Rewards, IPSF, radKIDS, etc.)
- Meet families of the same grade level and enjoy making some great connections!
After completing your checklist, go to the checkout tables to finish processing your payments online. Credit cards are preferred, but checks & cash will be accepted as well.
Of Course Kids are Welcome! Come meet fellow classmates in your grade level. Popsicles will be available as you exit to the lunch tables. Everyone should enter thru front entrance of school by office and exit thru doors by lunch tables. Thank you for your cooperation!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Help make our first Welcome Event run smoothly by pitching in and helping to monitor students, distribute ice pops, assist with checkout, offer translation, or work the welcome table. >Sign-up Now!