- Reading Rewards will officially end on 4/30 for this school year.
- 4/25 is the last day to log your reading to be counted for the challenges.
- On Monday, 4/29, April monthly winners as well as winners to year-long challenge and pizza party will be announced by Mrs. Miller.
- To celebrate a great year of reading, we will join 100 Mile Club for a Fun Run after school on Wednesday, 5/1. Goodies for those that show up while supplies last, so don’t miss out!
- Pizza Party is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, 5/16 during lunch period (no make-up party or lunch for those who miss the date).
Reading Rewards (NEW!)
What is Reading Rewards? (TK-6)
Reading Rewards is an interactive kids’ reading log and reading rewards program that allows kids to log their reading, browse and add new books to their library and wish list, write reviews, and share their reading with friends.
It is easy to earn reading incentives with Reading Rewards. Students can:
- Move up levels and earn badges as they read.
- Accumulate valuable RR Miles as they read, which they can redeem in various ways.
- Trade in their RR Miles for a joke or riddle of the day.
- Use their RR Miles to “purchase” rewards that their parents, teachers or librarians have set up for them.
- Make all their “purchases” in their RR Store, which has the look and feel of a true e-commerce experience, and lets kids know which rewards are available to them, based on their available miles or number of books read.
- In addition, we will have school-wide challenges similar to the one we had in Millionaire Reading Club in which student can be recognized for their achievement.
How can I sign up?
- Click on the ‘Sign Up!’ button on this page and then follow the signup instructions.
- Have your child Sign In to their account.
- Click on ‘Reading Circle > My Groups’.
- Search for your group in the Search box: group names are organized by grades. For example, if your child is in 3rd grade, you would look for Canyon View 3rd grade.
- Click on your group, and enter the grade-specific security codes you were sent in the 1st Day Welcome Folder (email us if you can’t find it)
That’s it! Your child will be part of Canyon View Elementary reading group, and we will be able to follow his/her reading progress. The best part is that we are not the only ones keeping track of your child’s reading, but you can also take part in it by obtaining FREE parent account.
So what are the challenges for this year?
The year-long challenge will run from 9/1/18-4/25/19. Three students from each grade with the most number of reading minutes will be selected and recognized at the end of the year.
Students who reach monthly goal for each month will be recognized at the Monday Morning Meetings and their names will be called out by Mrs. Miller.
For each grade, students should read the following number of minutes to be recognized:
TK/Kinder: 15 min/day or 300 min/mo
1st/2nd grade: 30 min/day or 600 min/mo
3rd/4th grade: 45 min/day or 900 min/mo
5th/6th grade: 60 min/day or 1200 min/mo